Publications (>180 publications; those so far since 2011 are shown below; full list available here).
1) Osmium-free direct syn-dihydroxylation of alkenes, Carole J. R. Bataille and Timothy J. Donohoe, Chem. Soc. Rev. 2011, 40, 114-128.
2) Recent Developments in Methodology for the Direct Oxyamination of Olefins, Timothy J. Donohoe, Aida Flores, Cedric K.A. Callens, Adam J. Lacy, Akshat H. Rathi, Chem. Eur. J., 2011, 17, 58-76.
3) Heteroaromatic Synthesis via Olefin Cross-Metathesis: Entry to Polysubstituted Pyridines, Timothy J. Donohoe, José Basutto, Akshat H. Rathi and John F. Bower, Organic Letters, 2011, 13, 1036-1039.
4) Palladium nanoparticle-modified carbon nanotubes for electrochemical hydrogenolysis in ionic liquids, Yao Meng, Leigh Aldous, Ben S. Pilgrim, Timothy J. Donohoe and Richard G. Compton, New Journal of Chemistry, 2011, 35, 1369-1375.
5) Exerting Control over the Acyloin Reaction, Timothy J. Donohoe, Ali Jahanshahi, Michael J. Tucker, Farrah L. Bhatti, IshmaelA. Roslan, Mikhail Kabeshov and Gail Wrigley, Chemical Communications, 2011, 47, 5849-5851.
6) Dehydrogenation of Cyclic-Thioethers Bound to a [Rh(diphosphine)]+ Fragment, Romeao Dallanegra, Ben S. Pilgrim, Adrian B. Chaplin, Timothy J. Donohoe and Andrew S. Weller, Dalton Transactions, 2011, 40, 6626-6628.
7) A short and efficient synthesis of neodysiherbaine A using catalytic oxidative cyclisation, Timothy J. Donohoe, Paul Winship, Matthew R. Tatton and Peter Szeto, Angewandte Chemie, Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 7604-7606.
8) Intramolecular Hydride Addition to Pyridinium Salts: New Routes to Enantiopure Dihydropyridones, Timothy J. Donohoe, Matthew J. Connolly, Akshat H. Rathi and Lesley Walton, Organic Letters, 2011, 13, 2074-2077.
9) The Influence of Exocyclic Stereochemistry on the Tethered Aminohydroxylation Reaction, Timothy J. Donohoe, Adam R. Lacy, Akshat H. Rathi, and Daryl S. Walter, Chemistry: An Aisian Journal, 2011, 6, 3214-3222.
10) Surface plasmon resonance imaging of glycoarrays identifies novel and unnatural carbohydrate-based ligands for potential ricin sensor development, Margherita Fais, Rositsa Karamanska, Sarah Allman, Shirley A. Fairhurst, Paolo Innocenti, Antony J. Fairbanks, Timothy J. Donohoe, Benjamin G. Davis, David A. Russell and Robert A. Field, Chemical Science, 2011, 2, 1952.
11) Tethered aminohydroxylation, Timothy J. Donohoe and Stefanie Mesch, Asymmetric Synthesis – The Essentials II. Edited by Mathias Christmann and Stefan Brase, WILEY-VCH, 2011, in the press.
12) Synthesis of 2,4,6-Trisubstituted Pyridines via an Olefin Cross-Metathesis/Heck-Cyclisation-Elimination Sequence, Timothy J. Donohoe, John F. Bower, David B. Baker,José A. Basutto, Louis K. M. Chan and Peter Gallagher, Chemical Communications, 2011, 47, 10611.
13) Amino acid based reoxidants for aminohydroxylation: application to the construction of amino acid-aminoalcohol conjugates, Timothy J. Donohoe, Cedric K. A. Callens, Aida Flores, Stefanie Mesch, Darren L. Poole and Ishmael A. Roslan, Angewandte Chemie Int Ed., 2011, 50, 10957.
14) Total Synthesis of (±)-Streptonigrin: De-novo Construction of a Pentasubstituted Pyridine using Ring Closing Metathesis, Timothy J. Donohoe, Christopher Jones and Luiz Claudio Barbosa, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133, 16418.
15) Improvements in the Tethered Aminohydroxylation Reaction and its Application to Total Synthesis, Timothy J. Donohoe, Cedric K. A. Callens, Adam R. Lacy, Christian Winter, European Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2012, 643-650 (plus cover picture for this issue).
16) Direct Preparation of thiazoles, imidazoles, imidazopyridines and thiazolidines from alkenes, Timothy J. Donohoe, Mikhail Kabeshov, Akshat Rathi and Ian E. D. Smith, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2012, 10, 1093-1101.
17) Olefin Cross-Metathesis for the Synthesis of Heteroaromatic Compounds, Timothy J. Donohoe, John F. Bower and Louis K. M. Chan, Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, 2012, 10, 1322-1328. Designated as a Hot Article.
18) Hydrogen-Bonding-Mediated Directed Osmium Dihydroxylation, Timothy J. Donohoe,* Carole J. R. Bataille, Paolo Innocenti, Organic Reactions 2012, 76, 1-47. ISBN:978-0-470-63843-9.
19) A green approach to Fenton chemistry: Hydroxylation of salicylic acid in aqueous medium using electrogeneration of Fenton's Reagent. J. Panchompoo, L. Aldous, R. G.Compton, M. Kabeshov, B. Pilgrim, T. J. Donohoe, New. J. Chem. 2012, 36, 1265.
20) Synthesis of substituted isoquinolines utilizing palladium-catalyzed α-arylation of ketones, T. J. Donohoe, B. S. Pilgrim, G. R. Jones, J. A. Bassuto, Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 2012, 109, 11605-11608.
21) Natural Product Synthesis as a Challenging Test of Newly Developed Methodology, T. J. Donohoe, R. Pullin, Chemical Commun. 2012, 48, 11924-11938.
22) Asymmetric Synthesis of the Fully Elaborated Pyrrolidone Core of Oxazolomycin A, T. J. Donohoe, T. J. C. O'Riordan, M. Peifer, C. R. Jones, T. J. Miles, Organic Lett. 2012, 14, 5460-5463.
23) Partial and complete reduction of pyrroles, furans, thiophenes and their benzo-analogues and of aromatic heterocycles containing more than one heteroatom, Timothy J. Donohoe,* Christopher Jones and Christian Winter, Comprehensive Organic Synthesis II , Ed. G. Molander and P. Knochel, Elsevier, 2013, in the press.
24) Oxidative cyclisation for the synthesis of complex THF-containing natural products, Timothy, J. Donohoe, R. D. C. Pullin, Radoslaw M. Lipinski, Pure & Applied Chem. 2013, 85, 1175-1184.
25) Interplay of cascade oxidative cyclisation and hydride shifts in the synthesis of the ABC spiroketal ring system of pectenotoxin-4, T. J. Donohoe, R. M. Lipinski, Angewandte Chemie, 2013, 52, 2491-2494. Designated as a HOT paper.
26) Osmium-Catalyzed Oxidative Cyclization of Dienes and their Derivatives, Timothy J. Donohoe* and Ben Pilgrim, Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2013, 78, 2149-2167. Work from this paper featured in the cover picture for JOC.
27) Vinyl Weinreb Amides: A Versatile Alternative to Vinyl Ketone Substrates for Heck Arylation, David Baker, Peter Gallagher and Timothy J. Donohoe,* Tetrahedron, 2013, 69, 3690-3697.
28) Lithium-4,4'-Di-tert-butylbiphenylide, Christopher R. Jones and Timothy J. Donohoe, Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, 2013, in the press.
29) Tethered Aminohydroxylation: Synthesis of the β Amino Acid of Microsclerodermins A and B, Robert Pullin, Akshat Rathi, Ekaterina Melikhova, Christian Winter, Amber Thompson and Timothy J. Donohoe, Organic Letters, 2013, 15, 5492-5495.
30) Modular isoquinoline synthesis using catalytic enolate arylation and in-situ functionalization, Ben Pilgrim, Alice Gatland, Charlie McTernan, Panayiotis Procopiou, Timothy Donohoe, Organic Letters, 2013, 15, 6190-6193.
31) Total Synthesis of the Antitumor Antibiotic (+/-)-Streptonigrin: First and Second Generation Routes for de-novo Pyridine Formation using Ring Closing Metathesis, Timothy Donohoe, Christopher Jones, Anne Kornahrens, Luiz Barbosa, Louise Walport, Matthew Tatton, Michael O'Hagan, Akshat Rathi, David Baker, J. Org. Chem. 2013, 78, 12338-12350. Selected as a Featured Article.
32) Rhodium-Catalyzed Ketone Methylation Using Methanol Under Mild Conditions: Formation of Alpha-Branched Products, Louis K. M. Chan, Darren L. Poole, Di Shen, Mark P. Healy and Timothy J. Donohoe, Angewandte Chemie Int. Ed., 2014, 53, 761-765. Designated as a HOT paper.
33) De novo Synthesis of Multi-Substituted Aryl Amines using Alkene Cross Metathesis, Matthew Tatton, Iain Simpson and Timothy J. Donohoe, Organic Letters, 2014, 16, 1920-1923.
34) Love–Hate ligands for high resolution analysis of strain in ultra-stable protein/small molecule interactions, M. Fairhead, D. Shen, L. K. M. Chan, E. D. Lowe, T. J. Donohoe, M. Howarth, Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 2014, 22, 5476-5486.
35) New methods for the synthesis of naphthyl amines; application to the synthesis of dihydrosanguinarine, sanguinarine, oxysanguinarine and maclekarpines B and C, Matthew R. Tatton, Iain Simpson, Timothy J. Donohoe, Chemical Communications, 2014, 50, 11314-11316.
36) Short and efficient syntheses of protoberberine alkaloids using palladium catalyzed enolate arylation, Alice E. Gatland, Ben S. Pilgrim, Panayiotis A. Procopiou and Timothy J. Donohoe, Angewandte Chemie Int. Ed., 2014, 53, 14555-14558.
37) Hydrogen borrowing and interrupted hydrogen borrowing reactions of ketones and methanol, catalysed by iridium, Di Shen, Darren L. Poole, Camilla C. Shotton, Anne F. Kornahrens, Mark P. Healy and Timothy J. Donohoe, Angewandte Chemie Int. Ed., 2015, 54, 1642-1645.
38) Palladium-catalyzed alpha-arylation of carbonyls in the de novo synthesis of aromatic heterocycles, Harish K. Potukuchi, Anatol P. Spork and Timothy J. Donohoe, Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, 2015, 13. 4367-4373.
39) Modular Synthesis of Highly Substituted Pyridines via Enolate α-Alkenylation, Leo Hardegger, Jacqueline Habegger, Timothy J. Donohoe, Organic Letters, 2015, 17, 3222-3225.
40) Application of Catalytic Z-selective Olefin Metathesis in Natural Product Synthesis, Simon Werrel, Johannes Walker, Timothy J. Donohoe, Tetrahedron Letters, 2015, 56, 5261-5268.
41) Aziridine electrophiles in the functionalisation of peptide chains with amine nucleophiles, Anatol P. Spork, Timothy J. Donohoe, Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, 2015, 13, 8545-8549.
42) Strategic application and transformation of ortho-di-substituted phenyl and cyclopropyl ketones to expand the scope of hydrogen borrowing catalysis, James R. Frost, Choon Boon Cheong, Wasim M. Akhtar, Dimitri F. J. Caputo, Neil G. Stevenson and Timothy J. Donohoe, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 15664-15667.
43) Palladium-catalysed enolate arylation as a key C-C bond forming reaction for the synthesis of isoquinolines, Ben S. Pilgrim, Alice E. Gatland, Carlos H. A. Estaves, Charlie T. McTernan, Geraint R. Jones, Matthew R. Tatton, Panayiotis A. Procopiou, Timothy J. Donohoe, Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, 2016, 14, 1065-1090.
44) Catalytic hypervalent iodine promoters allow styrene dimerisation and the formation of tri- and tetrasubstituted cyclobutanes, Ignacio Colomer, Rosimeire Coura Barcelos and Timothy J. Donohoe, Angewandte Chemie Int. Ed., 2016, 55, 4748-4752.
45) Synthesis of aromatic heterocycles using ring-closing metathesis, Harish K. Potukuchi, Ignacio Colomer, Timothy J. Donohoe, in E. F V. Scriven and C. A. Ramsden, editors, Advances in Heterocyclic Chemistry: Heterocyclic Chemistry in the 21st Century: A tribute to Alan Katritzky, Elsevier, 2016, pp 43-65.
46) Iridium-Catalyzed C4-Alkylation of 2,6-Di-tert-butylphenol using Hydrogen Borrowing Catalysis, James R. Frost, Choon Boon Cheong, Timothy J. Donohoe, Synthesis, 2016, in the press.
47) Dehydromicrosclerodermin B and microsclerodermin J: total synthesis and structural revision, Ekaterina Y. Melikhova, Robert D. C. Pullin, Christian Winter, Timothy J. Donohoe, Angewandte Chemie Int. Ed., 2016, 55, 9753-9757.
48) Hydrogen bonding to hexafluoroisopropanol controls the oxidative strength of hypervalent iodine reagents, Ignacio Colomer, Christopher Batchelor-McAuley, Barbara Odell, Timothy J. Donohoe, Richard Compton, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 8855-8861.
49) Orthogonally protected 1,2 diols from electron-rich alkenes using metal free olefin syn dihydroxylation, Ignacio Colomer, Rosimeire Coura Barcelos, Kirsten E. Christensen, Timothy J. Dnohoe, Organic Letters, 2016, in the press.